Monday, September 8, 2008

Rules and Regulations

Welcome, welcome! We are so excited to invite you to our new weight loss blog! We thought it would be a great idea to post the rules and regulations of this competition so everyone can be on the same page.

The ultimate goal is to see who loses the biggest percentage of body weight by December 25, 2008. We are hoping for a minimum of 25 pounds from everyone participating. Whom ever has lost the greatest percentage of body weight by the given date wins the "Booty."

Official weigh in begins Monday, September 8, 2008. Everyone participating must send a check of $250 to Paul Nelson ASAP. He will be responsible for keeping the winnings safe. We would tell Susan to do it, but we all know she will put in that "very special place that she won't forget"...and forget where she put it! ;)

If weight loss supplements are used, you must post what you are using on the blog so everyone has the decision to use it or not. This is the only way to make it fair. Hopefully, this is not your only means of weight loss. We are hoping for life style changes people!

There is a weekly weigh in on *Mondays. You must weigh yourself and then email them to Kevin so he can calculate your total percentages. He is the ONLY ONE that will know your actual weight. Only your percentage and pounds lost will be posted. You may choose for yourself if you weigh yourself on a daily basis or not.

There will be no weekly weigh ins or totals posted or emailed the month of December so as to keep the winner for the final weigh in a surprise.

On the final weigh in, you may bring your own scale if you desire. We don't want anyone going postal on us trying to justify what their scale said the day before! Kevin will then tally the final percentages, place the winner in a sealed envelope, and give said envelope to Kjersten for the competiton ceremony.

If there are any concerns or questions, please feel free to post them on the blog or to email Kevin. Good luck! I know you are all a bunch of big losers, uh, you know what I mean!!!

7 comments:

aleda nelson said...

what a terrific website! I love being a member of the club just because the site is so cool. i was going to weigh myself this morning after drinking a lot of water...but forgot : )
so, my weight will be the real deal....thank you KJ and Kevin for getting us going...the check is in the mail

shauna said...

I am so sorry that I cannot participate. Since (1) I have already lost 40 pounds and so I am on the slow side (2) I just paid almost $600.00 to Jenny Craig...a week ago, I might add (3) It is a year contract, so I have to go and spend money on food (which tastes great, by the way) or lose my initial investment.

So sorry...I'll be watching the big contest.

-KJ said...

No problem! We are just excited you are losing. Great job so far!!!

Susan said...

Another fun thing that came to mind: When you Vegas members come up for auction stuff, you know that you will have support and the right foods in the fridge. . . and W.W. fudgecicles in the freezer!

-KJ said...

You mean fudgeAcles

Susan said...

I decided that I would use Alli once in a while after I've eaten a fatty meal. At this point I've only taken them about 5-6 times, because we're on a low fat diet.

Susan said...

Today I took two Hydrocut, or whatever the heck they are. I found them in my purse and took them out when I cleaned it. Kevin brought them to my attention yesterday, so I took them this morning when my ring wouldn't move (it has been spinning for the first time in years). So there you have it. . . full disclosure!